Dabbing fans from all around the world, rejoice! Rosin is here, and it’s causing quite a stir in the extract world. Anyone may create their own high-quality hash oil from the comfort of their own home with this new solventless extraction procedure.
The nicest aspect about manufacturing rosin is that it can be done safely and cheaply in a matter of minutes with common household tools. Heat and pressure are used to extract the cannabinoid-rich resin from your flowers, bubble hash, or kief in this procedure. To make hash oil that rivals hydrocarbon extraction methods in flavor, intensity, and effect, all you need is a hair straightener, parchment paper, and a collection tool.
Keeping up with Buy weed online Potent
What is rosin made of?
Aesthetically, rosin is almost impossible to distinguish from shatter or sap. However, the difference between the two is that rosin is completely free of the residual solvents often left behind by hydrocarbon extraction processes (e.g. butane, propane, etc.). You can also be making dabs at home in minutes without the dangers associated with using butane.
Materials for rosin dabs
Learn how to make rosin wax with a DIY rosin press. First, you’ll need to gather a few materials. You may already have most of these items at home, but if not, you should be able easily acquire them quickly and cheaply.
- Hair straightener (try to find one with a low setting of around 300°F or lower—any higher and valuable terpenes will evaporate off)
- Starting material (this can be cannabis flowers, bubble hash, or kief)
- Parchment paper (unbleached, if possible)
- Collection tool (many dabber tools work well here, although you can get creative!)
- Heat-resistant gloves for safety
How to make rosin
- Turn on your hair straightener to the lowest setting (280-330°F)
- Cut yourself a small 4×4” piece of parchment paper
- Fold the parchment paper in half
- Place your material in between the folded parchment paper
- Lightly press the folded parchment paper with your fingers
- Carefully line the buds inside of the paper together with your hair straightener and apply a very firm pressure for about 3-7 seconds. You will want to hear a sizzle before you remove the pressure—it indicates that the
- resin has melted from the plant material.
- Remove your sample from the hot surface
- Unfold the parchment paper
- Pluck the flattened nug away and grab your collection tool. This is a very sticky process so be patient and careful. For larger batches, use different clean sheets of parchment and collect your samples together at the end.
- Remove any visible plant material if you wish
- Fold the finished product between the parchment and flatten it to your preference
- Use a clean tool to pick out any plant particulates. You may place the substance on a cold surface for a few seconds if you desire a more stable material to work with.
Who would have guessed you’d be producing dabs with your own rosin press? Now add a nice fat dab of your brand new rosin and rejoice – you’ve just graduated to the level of extract artist who can manufacture dabs!
- What is live resin & How to consume it?
- What is Shatter? – How to Use Shatter
- Why Should You Change Bong Water Regularly?
- What’s the difference between badder, batter, and budder
- What’s the difference between hemp and marijuana?